What is the Community Spirit Fund?
The Chevron Community Spirit Fund provides small donations to the communities closest to our operations.
When are applications open for the Community Spirit Fund?
Community groups and organisations based in Onslow, the town closest to the Wheatstone Project, can apply for grants from 1 July to 31 August, 2017.
How much funding does the program provide?
The program provides grants of up to $5,000 for programs in Onslow.
Who can apply for the Community Spirit Fund?
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
- Be a not-for-profit community group, Aboriginal corporation or government agency or department providing services to Onslow
- Be an incorporated organisation or affiliated to an incorporated organisation which is willing to host your donation on your behalf
- If an affiliated incorporated organisation is hosting your donation, you must be able to provide a letter of support from the host organisation
- Identify a project, program or activity that will benefit the community in one or more of our focus areas and is not intended to replace government funding
- Demonstrate appropriate governance and capacity to manage the project and use of the funds
- Utilise the funding to foster the development of capability and/or capacity amongst members of the local community
What does the program not cover?
Proposals we do not support include:
- Activities that are not aligned to our focus areas or benefit the Onslow community
- Political contributions and business memberships
- Requests from individuals
- Requests for travel, study support, conferences, fundraising or medical treatment
- Requests from religious organisations for religious purposes
- Ongoing operating costs or retrospective project costs for capital works
- Proposals that do not align to The Chevron Way values
Do you have to use the application form?
Yes, we only accept applications submitted using the Onslow application form. The form can either be submitted in hard copy or via email. Further contact details can be found on the form.
Who can I speak to if I am unsure if my organisation is eligible for the Community Spirit Fund?
If you have any queries on the program, please email your contact details and query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there a cost involved to apply?
No, there is no cost to apply for a donation through the Chevron Community Spirit Fund.
How will I know if I have been successful in obtaining a donation?
Once your Community Spirit Fund application has been assessed, you will receive notification from Chevron Australia as to whether you have been successful or not.
Are other Pilbara towns still eligible to apply for the Community Spirit Fund?
Since 2007, the Community Spirit Fund provided more than $1.7 million in funding to 348 community programs across the West Pilbara. In 2017, the Community Spirit Fund will only be available for programs that benefit the community of Onslow, the town closest to the Wheatstone Project.