The Chevron Community Spirit Fund provides small donations to the communities closest to our operations.
Since 2007, Chevron has provided more than $1.6 million in funding to 340 community projects in the Pilbara that help build and support thriving local communities.
In 2016, the Chevron Community Spirit Fund is available for community groups and organisations based in Onslow, the town closest to the Wheatstone Project. Applications for funding of up to $5,000 are accepted from 1 July to 30 August 2016.
Click here to download an application form
Community Spirit Fund Focus Areas
In 2016, programs and events supported by the Community Spirit Fund must align with at least one of our social investment program focus areas:
- Health – improve quality of life and health outcomes, especially in the area of mental health and chronic conditions, or increase access to the identification and treatment of critical health issues.
- Education – enhance numeracy and literacy outcomes, remove learning barriers to employment, encourage school attendance or create opportunities for students to participate in science, technology, engineering and maths.
- Economic development – assist local businesses to be competitive and encourage new businesses and services in the community. Increase job readiness and entrepreneurial skills.
- Sense of community – contribute to community vibrancy, participation and access or celebrate local history, art and culture.
- Environment – strengthen awareness of environmental conservation, supporting marine environmental stewardship and supporting and assisting local biodiversity.