Where Do We Stand on the Issues That Affect Us All?
Our mission is to find and produce energy to meet the world’s needs, today and tomorrow – consistent with the values of the Gorgon joint venture participants.
Meeting this challenge requires performance, partnership and ingenuity. How we conduct our business – and ultimately our contribution to sustainable development – will be judged by our stakeholders and peers and the communities with which we interact.
The Gorgon joint venture participants plan to commercialise the proven recoverable gas from the Greater Gorgon Area in a way that contributes to the community’s aspiration for sustainable development. This includes continuing to protect the conservation values of Barrow Island; managing all environmental, health and safety requirements responsibly; and implementing responsible practices throughout all phases of the Gorgon Project.
Our health, environment and safety objectives include:
- Incident and injury free, meaning free from injuries, environmental-harm incidents and unplanned downtime
- People, the environment and assets are protected during the project’s execution and operations
- Full compliance with all regulatory requirements and Gorgon Joint Venture commitments
- An Operational Excellence Management System, processes and programs that reduces health, environment, safety and security risks as low as reasonably practicable
- Recognition for delivering world-class performance in protecting people and the environment