The Gorgon Joint Venture has already committed $20 billion to Australian goods, services and labour; and Western Australian engineering firms continue to demonstrate their international competitiveness by securing complex infrastructure and fabrication work for the project.
The Gorgon Project is delivering work to local workshops, construction companies and specialist engineering firms through both direct contracts and work flowing from key project contractors - creating thousands of jobs in the process. These jobs are spread right through the metropolitan area of Perth, the Pilbara, on Barrow Island and across Australia. It is this ‘flow on effect’ that cannot be underestimated.
Watch the latest AIP video for the latest AIP information.
Gorgon Snap Shot
- The $52 billion Gorgon Project is the largest single resource development in Australia's history
- Annual production of 15.6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) of LNG and 300 terajoules of domestic gas per day
- 10,000 direct and indirect jobs created
- $33 billion in Australian goods and services over first 30 years of project*
- $40 billion in government revenues*
- Plant startup is planned for late 2014, leading to the first LNG cargo in the first quarter 2015
*ACIL Tasman independent economic modelling based on 30 year life of foundation project