The Chevron Community Spirit Fund provides small donations to the communities closest to our operations, including Exmouth, Onslow, Dampier, Roebourne and Karratha.
- The North West Community Spirit Fund covers the Exmouth, Dampier, Roebourne and Karratha communities. Applications for funding are accepted from 1 June to 30 June 2013.
- The Onslow Community Spirit Fund covers the Onslow township and nearby communities. Applications for funding are accepted from 1 April to 30 April, and 1 September to 30 September 2013.
Since 2006, we have provided more than $940,000 in funding for community projects in the Pilbara that help build and support thriving local communities. In 2012 the program funded 52 grass-roots projects and activities that play an important role in contributing to the social development of the community.
Community Spirit Fund Focus Areas
In 2013, programs and events supported by the Community Spirit Fund must align with at least one of our social investment program focus areas:
- Health – improve quality of life and health outcomes, especially in the area of mental health and chronic conditions, or increase access to the identification and treatment of critical health issues.
- Education – enhance numeracy and literacy outcomes, remove learning barriers to employment, encourage school attendance or create opportunities for students to participate in science, technology, engineering and maths.
- Economic development – assist local businesses to be competitive and encourage new businesses and services in the community. Increase job readiness and entrepreneurial skills.
- Sense of community – contribute to community vibrancy, participation and access or celebrate local history, art and culture.
- Environment – strengthen awareness of environmental conservation, supporting marine environmental stewardship and supporting and assisting local biodiversity.